Tuesday, March 24, 2015

If I did lie... I didn't mean to.

Recently I read a blog titled, "I'm not a liar but Facebook sure is." and I LOVED it!  It made me think about the various things that I post on Facebook and the secret "lies" that I might put out there.  If I did lie I didn't mean to.  I think that most often (when I post things) I'm just trying to hold on to a moment.  The realities of life hit me on a daily basis.  I live with the many imperfections that are mine and humility is a lesson learned at every corner.  

The chaos that is the Zellerszoo isn't a pretty picture at times, but I don't post those moments because I'm trying to lie to myself and others about our situation.  Most often I'm just trying so hard to focus on the good things in a day.  The realities are that I know firsthand about feeling very alone with a traveling husband and the other demands that he has to balance; I know firsthand about the delicate nature of teenage years and the many contemplations that they face that have life altering consequences; I know firsthand the crazy demands of a toddler and her mischievous nature; I know firsthand the realities of change coming our way and the fast approach of our oldest moving on to his own adventure.  With all that said the truth is, I wouldn't have it any other way.  When I say I'm holding on to a moment, I am saying that because I know how quickly those moments are gone.  The realities of life can be difficult, lonely, and sad; but they also can be rewarding, loving and worth it... we just have to find those moments in the midst of everything else.  That is why I love my family every step of the way.


No comments: